2016 ClubFootball Summer 5-a-side Cup|
Sign up now for the 2016 ClubFootball Summer 5-a-side Cup!
Contested by 16 teams, the competition runs over 3 weeks! from Tuesday 5th July to Thursday 21st July, and is open to amateur and corporate teams of all levels. Matches are held on the artificial pitches at Chaoyang Park from Tuesday to Thursday evenings.
Teams play in groups of 4 each night, playing 60 mins of football each match-night. Matches are played from 20:00 - 21:15pm, or from 21:15 - 22:30pm, and participating teams may play on Tue, Wed or Thur depending on their results the previous week.
Results and tables will be posted on the ClubFootball website, and trophies awarded to the winners and runners-up.
All matches will be refereed by a ClubFootball member of staff, and players and teams not competing in the spirit of Fair Play expected by participants will be expelled from the tournament.
Entering the Competition
- Season Dates : July 5-7, 12-14, 19-21.
- Venue: The artificial pitches at the Lining Sports Park, inside East Gate No. 7 of Chaoyang Park.
- Tournament Structure : 4 groups of 4 teams, with each team playing 3 matches per night in Weeks 1-2, and 2 matches in Week 3. Games in Weeks 1-2 are 20 minutes long with no half-time, and matches in Week 3 are 30 mins long, divided into 2 halves of 15 mins. Please click on the link above for the tournament format in more detail.
- Time: Session 1: 20:00 - 21:15pm, Session 2: 21:15 - 22:30pm
- Substitutions: Five-a-side teams with a maximum of 7 rolling substitutions
Team berths are now full, but spaces are still available for individual players looking to take part. Please click Contact Us in the left tool bar or call 5130 6893 if you'd like to take part.
Teams looking to play friendly games over summer or join the Autumn league can also contact us to get involved.
Played over 3 weeks, the tournament is contested by 16 teams. No teams are knocked out (all teams play for the full 3 weeks) and each team plays 3 matches of 20 mins per night in Weeks 1, 2 and 2 matches of 30 mins in Week 3. The format is as below:
4 groups of 4: The 4 x 1st-placed teams and 4 x 2nd-placed teams qualify to play off for Positions 1 to 8. The remaining teams play off for Positions 9 to 16.
In Positions 1-8, teams play in 2 groups of 4. The draw is unseeded. The 2 x 1st-placed teams and 2 x 2nd-placed teams qualify to play off for Positions 1 to 4.
Teams playing for Positions 5-16 follow the same format.
In Positions 1-4, the 4 teams play a semi-final match of 2 x 15 mins. The winners progress to play for Positions 1 and 2, and the losers play for Positions 3 and 4. Positions 5-8, 9-12 etc follow the same format, each team playing two matches of 30 mins to determine their final position out of the 16 teams.
Please click the Tournament Rules page link above for details on how matches are decided in the event of teams being level after regulation time has been completed.
Next Page (2/3)